Why custom grow?
- Some seeds are nearly impossible to germinate outside of a greenhouse.
- Some of the best heirloom varieties in the world are not common enough to be sold at your local gardening store
- Some of the most recently released, highest yielding, cutting edge hybrids are not yet being sold at your local gardening store
- You want your plants to be grown from the start with a special custom soil mix or unusual growing medium
- You want unique floral centerpieces or favors for your wedding or special event, and you don’t want to be charged the “wedding-industrial complex tax”
- You have saved the seed of a plant you grew last year and want an 100% guarantee that your seeds will grow into healthy plants.
We have years of experience custom-growing for home gardeners, small farmers, and other specialty customers. Here are a few of our past custom grow projects:
- An entire season worth of crops for a local sustainable farmer who appreciated taking the guesswork out of planting
- Specialty dyeing plants for a fiber guild
- Specialty dyeing plants and local wildflowers for a charter school garden
- Unusually colored heirloom tomato varieties grown in a custom made organic growing mix for a local sustainable farmer
- Rare herbs native to Israel and Jordan for a cook who missed the flavors of her home
- An extremely productive newly released tomato hybrid for a local sustainable farmer
How it Works
- You provide the seeds or we order the seeds for your convenience
- You only pay for the plants that pass our health selection process
- Ken’s consulting clients get a 15% discount on a single custom grow order of any size.
- If you provide your own seeds, prices start at $13.00/flat of 48 plants. Bulk discounts are available.